Spring is a time of year many homeowners think about selling their home and upgrading, down-sizing or simply re-locating. Real estate markets are very competitive now and sellers need to make an effort to get the best price and sell their home as quickly as possible. Here are some inexpensive thing you can do to make your home more attractive to buyers…
Fireplace face lift
- Fireplaces are a natural gathering place and focal point. Refresh yours with an updated mantel finish, decorative surround and/or new accessories. If it’s brick consider painting or whitewashing to give it a fresh look.
Update kitchen backsplash
- If it’s just a painted wall now, add decorative tile….it’s not that expensive and you can do it yourself with a little instruction. If it’s outdated tile consider replacing it. This is a bigger and more expensive project and likely to require professional help.
A fresh coat of paint
- You can give every room in your home a new look with new paint. Use coordinated contemporary colors. Avoid the urge to be too bold…it might put off some prospects.
New entry door
- Your entry door is the first impression you home makes on prospective buyers. If yours is outdated or in ill repair consider replacing it with a new one. Many options and price points are available.
Refresh you kitchen
- A full-blown remodel can be very expensive. You don’t need to go that far to get a fresh look. Paint or clean the kitchen cabinets. Replace pulls and knobs. Paint the walls and replace window coverings and accessories.
Organize storage spaces
- Your closets and garage probably won’t make a sale…but they could prevent one. Make sure they are neat and devoid of clutter. Throw away unnecessary items to make them look as roomy as possible.
Consider new furniture and accessories
- Every room can look better if the furniture is new or at least in good condition. Complimentary accessories are an inexpensive way to bring a sense of style. You don’t have to break the bank, but make sure your furnishings are a plus, not a minus.
Whether you are looking to sell, moving into a new home or just re-decorating start your project with a visit to George’s Furniture. George’s Furniture & Mattress has been serving the great families in Napoleon and Northwest Ohio area since 1962. Our Worry Free Guarantee gives customers peace of mind and our Low Price Guarantee ensures the lowest price in the marketplace. Come browse our selection of mattresses, living rooms, dining rooms, and bedrooms the next time you want to decorate or redecorate your home whether selling or just creating a new look.